What is this "busy" you speak of?
Just busy as all get out. Sorry for the sucketh when it comes to posting. I would really love to get back on a regular schedule for stuff like posting and exercising. I'm surprised anyone even checks in over here from time to time.
So, in bullet form, here are a few random notes about me and mine:
- Classroom preparation is both fun and tortuous
- Am I getting too old for this shit? Because my body hurts from head to toe
- I'm cautiously optimistic that maybe my parents will adjust to assisted living
- I started a course of graduate study in special education
- Big mistake or bad idea?
- Attended approximately 1000 hours of meetings during the first official teacher week at school
- Complained bitterly about above-referenced meetings
- WORK WORK WORK! ALL I EVER DO AROUND HERE IS WORK!
- Dustballs the size of tumbleweeds abound here in the house
- Josh is in a foot cast! He has a stress fracture. He couldn't call me during the day yesterday to tell me because it was my first day of school, so he had to call Sasha, who then mocked him for being a baby.
- Where the hell is my iPod? Swear to God, I left it right here on the kitchen table
Yesterday was the first day of school for students. Our classes are big this year, and I have some kids with challenging behavior issues. I'm a little apprehensive, honestly, but I know it will get better once I find my rhythm. The first few weeks are just so crazy with trying to teach them the routines and expectations.
We had some criers yesterday. One in my class and another in Ellen's class. Ellen's crier had to be peeled off the door frame and bodily carried into the classroom. Ha! That stuff is always kind of funny to me.
Even better, a friend of mine who is a guidance counselor at a different school posted on Facebook that she had to call the parent of a kindergartner and explain that in elementary school, children are expected to wipe their own bottoms after they poop. You parents kill me sometimes, I swear.
Gotta run. More later, I promise. My goal this week is to post at least ONCE before Friday, okay?